I still have 25 more days to go until I hop on the plane that will take me back home. Of course, it's intensely bittersweet. I don't want to leave this dorm, don't want to leave Stanford and my friends here for three whole months. I don't want to give up that freedom I've come to take for granted. But I'm also extremely excited.
For the past six or seven summers, I've been in China. I go to visit my family and sometimes I travel a little bit. But I've missed out on a lot of summer plans/adventures. I've never had that stereotypical summer-summer.
Now, however, this summer is my opportunity to have that and I'm holding on tight to it. Several things that I want to do this summer:
- BEACH days. I live forty minutes away from Galveston for a reason.
- Watch the sunrise/set by the ocean.
- Go horseback riding on the beach.
- Crawfish boil!
- Get my actual driver's license. <-- long story there, but it'll happen!
- Spend a whole day at the bookstore.
- Go to a cafe and just write for hours.
- Stargaze. In the bed of a truck filled with pillows and blankets.
- Go camping on the beach.
- Get unfinished things finished.(stole this from Brina, thanks girl.)
- Get a job.
- Shop. A lot.
- See my friends. A lot.
- Leave town for the day.
- Get really tan.