5 Reasons Why I'm Sad to Leave Home:
- My parents are going to miss me too much. It's been nice being home for a week and being coddled like a baby-- my true job in life, glad to know some people recognize that.
- Not having to do anything. It's like living The Lazy Song.
- Real food. Dining halls are just evil.
- All of my stuff. While I do have everything I need at school, it's always weird to know you have something but you can't reach it because it's halfway across the country. At home, I can snuggle with my favorite blanket, which I didn't take to school because it just belongs at home. I can wear all of my old T-shirts that I didn't deem good enough to bring to school. My Harry Potter books, random bits of jewelry...
- Clean showers and toilets. Communal bathrooms are just not a good idea.
5 Reasons Why I'm Happy To Go Back to School:
- Seeing all of my lovely friends and dormmates! Once you've gotten used to being surrounded by people and activity every second of every day, being by yourself at home just gets quite lonely. I miss my roommate and our nightly conversations. I miss my friends!
- Being out of 24/7 parental supervision. "I'm an adult now" just doesn't exist in The Parent Handbook.
- Beautiful, sunny, perfect California weather! I'm so over Texas humidity.
- All of the fun events/activities coming up Spring Quarter!
- Did I mention freeeeeeedom?